Our Cardiology Team consists of two highly trained cardiologists covering a range of cardiovascular subspecialties. Their profiles below offer insight into their areas of speciality and interest.
A/Prof Michael Nguyen completed his cardiology training in Melbourne and then undertook fellowship training in interventional cardiology and peripheral vascular interventions at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Harvard Medical School in Boston, USA.
He is an Interventional Cardiologist and is currently a Director of Clinical Trials and Research at Fiona Stanley Hospital.
He is an Associate Professor at the University of Western Australia and has an academic appointment with the University of Notre Dame School of Medicine.
He specialises in all aspects of interventional cardiology including ASD / PFO closure, alcohol septal ablation, renal artery denervation and left atrial appendage occlusion.
A/Prof Michael Nguyen is passionate about mentoring trainee and junior doctors. He was awarded the Clinician (teacher) of the Year in 2012, and is a frequent contributor/ speaker at Asia-Pacific conferences. He enjoys bringing back the latest research and advances in the cardiology field to his patients and General Practitioners.
When not at work A/Prof Nguyen enjoys spending time with his family, running, and following the AFL- Richmond Tigers.
Dr Justin Ng is Cardiologist with an interest in both General Cardiology and Electrophysiology. He undertook his general cardiology training at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital as well as a fellowship in Echocardiography.
Further training was obtained in Electrophysiology at St Pauls Hospital, Vancouver through the University of British Columbia and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston through Harvard Medical School.
His interests include:
- General cardiology and heart failure
- Device therapy including the implantation, follow up and troubleshooting of pacemakers, loop recorders, internal cardiac defibrillators and cardiac resynchronisation therapy.
- Management of simple and complex arrhythmias: SVT, Atrial fibrillation, Atrial Flutter, PVC’s and Ventricular Tachycardia Inherited Channelopathies and Arrhythmia syndromes
Dr Ng also specialises in device therapies such as: implantation of permanent pacemakers, cardiac defibrillators and biventricular pacemakers.
A/Prof Hassan Kamalddin is a Consultant Physician. He completed his Bachelors Degree in Medicine and Surgery with Honors. He is certified in General Medicine, Acute Medicine & Intensive Care Medicine in both the United Kingdom and Australia. He is also Certified in Echocardiography and clinical ultrasound in the United States and Australia.
He has numerous presentations & publications in the field of Echocardiography & Cardiac Ultrasound Imaging and a special interest in the fields of Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Diastolic Heart Function and Strain Imaging Echocardiography.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland & the Royal College of Physicians of London
- He is American Board Certified in Echocardiography
- He is a Holder of the European Diploma in Intensive Care
- He is the Coordinator for Advanced Training in General Medicine at Fiona Stanley and Fremantle Hospitals
A/Prof Kamalddin teaches medical students from Notre Dame and UWA Medical schools and is an active member of many International Societies in the field of Cardiac Imaging.
Dr Brian J Siva MBBS FRACP is an experienced General Physician and Nephrologist who began his career in 2009 after completing his RACP specialist training in Australia.
His current clinical appointments are as follows:
- Consultant Nephrologist, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Consultant Nephrologist & General Physician, Joondalup Health Campus
- Consultant Nephrologist & General Physician, Hollywood Private Hospital
- Consultant Nephrologist, Peel Hemodialysis Unit
He provides both General Medical and Nephrology inpatient services at Hollywood Private Hospital and Joondalup Health Campus, and outpatient consultation services at Joondalup and Peel.
His main interests are in Retarding the Progression of CKD, Vascular Risk Factor Modification in CKD, Resistant Hypertension, Dialysis and Renal Palliative Care.
For urgent consultation (either inpatient or outpatient), please contact 9389 8658.