On the day of the test
- Please bathe/shower in the morning – you will NOT be able to swim/shower during the 24 hour monitoring period
- Please wear a 2 piece outfit.
Connection of the device
- A blood pressure cuff will be placed on the upper arm and must remain in place throughout the entire monitoring period.
- A small recording device will be worn across the shoulder or around the waist.
During the monitoring period
- When the device beeps, it is about to take a blood pressure measurement. Please sit or stand still, stop talking and keep your cuffed arm straight until the cuff deflates.
- If you experience any symptoms (even if they were brief or slight), press the EVENT button on the device, and make a note of the symptoms in the special diary which will be given to you.
- Please press the Day/Night button once when you go to sleep and once when you wake up.
- If you have any difficulties with the equipment or feel it may have been dislodged, please notify the office on 9389 8658.
- Go about your normal activities throughout the testing period.
After the 24 hour monitoring period
- The equipment and symptom diary must be returned at a specific time (usually your scheduled appointment the following day).
- A full report will be sent to your Doctor after the results have been reviewed by a Cardiologist.